


August "Gus" Erwin arrived yesterday at 4:59 am. He weighed 9lbs 12 oz and is 21 inches long. The induced labor was fast and furious. I went from not being in labor to delivering a baby in 4 hours, after only 5 minutes of pushing! Surprisingly we both came through it--me without an epidural (something I thought impossible of myself) and him with only a bruised face.
We were able to come home this morning--I couldn't handle another nurse asking me if I had any questions about breastfeeding or what my pain was on a scale of 0 to 10 (no and I have no idea, a 2?).
More updates to follow...I'm tired now.
17 comments:
Congratulations! What a beautiful boy. Rest up mommy, cuddle that baby, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Yay! I have been thinking about you all day! I am so happy all went well for both of you. He is a big little guy! Congratulations and relax and enjoy this time. Your girls will learn much in these next few weeks and months...just about being a family and loving their time together.
Laura
I can't imagine the size of Gus! My biggest boy was 7 1/2 lbs. My longest boy was also 21 inches.
4 hours.
9 lbs, almost 10.
You.
Are.
Awesome!!!
Welcome, Gus!
I waited about an hour and my comment never showed up, so I'll try to remember what I wrote and post again. I'm sorry if this shows up twice.
Congratulations! Hooray that the ultrasound was right about boy parts! Thank God for being blessed with a boy. I was praying that you would have a similar induction to me, and it sounds like you did have a similar experience. May God bless and keep you until Gus can be brought into His family through baptism.
Congratulations on the big boy, and well done! We wish you all the best!
He looks well done. :) Or, maybe he's medium rare. Depending if you're talking baked goods or meat.
We're very excited to meet him and see the whole fam.
Love you.
I am so very happy for you. I have been checking everyday to see if he had made his arival. BTW you look wonderful for just having had a baby.
Congrats to all of you! Take good care of each other and take it easy! I love keeping track of your growing family on your blog. It is so fun and so you, Erin.
Welcome to the world Gus!
Katy in Winona
Hey, I had an induced nine-pound twelve-ouncer, too (my second child--my only girl)! Congratulations!!!
Beautiful! Congrats!
Congratulations! He is gorgeous. Blessings on the days to come!
Ollie and Jonathan send their love. And a big thumbs up for a job well done.
YAY! So excited for you guys!
Just remember that changing him is going to be a little bit different that the girls ;) Better keep an eye out for that or an umbrella handy!
Congratulations and God Bless,
Angela
Congrats, cousin! I can't wait to meet the latest addition to the family!
Yay! I haven't been reading blogs for a few days so I missed the news! Good work, Erin! :) Congratulations.
Congrats! He's adorable!
Post a Comment