Kristen was asking me about carrot soup yesterday. This is my recipe. I love it--the fresh dill adds such a wonderful flavor.
1 big onion, chopped
1 T butter
1 T olive oil
2 pounds carrots, peeled, chopped
1 potato, peeled, chopped
4 c chicken stock
1/4 c fresh dill, chopped
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 c cream (or more if soup is too thick)
(1) Saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add carrots and potato and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until some of the pieces begin to brown.
(2) Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
(3) Remove from heat and puree. (I use an immersion blender--which works great.)
(4) Stir in dill, salt, pepper and cream. Warm soup through before serving.
10 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know if I could get Elizabeth to eat this, but I'd like to try it. Did you see the thing on seriouseats.com about how we need to eat more crap? I read it with special interest cause Elizabeth's been home sick with salmonella this week. I had to take her to the ER.
I made this soup on Sunday... I adored it, but Matt very politely told me that it was okay, but he'd rather have something else.
Which means I get to eat more- thanks for posting the recipe!
Post a Comment