03 November 2009

Portrait

A busy, but good day.

Woke up too early. Why don't babies get the whole time change thing? Fed Gus a bottle. Changed his diaper. Fed kids Multigrain Cheerios and bananas. Showered. Got dressed. Got children dressed. Changed another diaper. Pulled children away from books and shoved them outside to go to Matins. Put Gus down for morning nap. Cleaned up kitchen. Checked email and blogs. What should I make for dinner? Looked for a Christmas dress for Claire on eBay. Why are Christmas dresses sleeveless? Math lessons. Reading lesson with Lily. Started reading The Snow Queen to all the girls while Gus was sleeping. Fed kids again. Diaper change. GET IN THE CAR!!!! Piano lesson. Drove home. Read Isabel a book. Tucked Maisy and Izzy in for a nap. Checked the Halloween stash--Snickers. Checked email. Made map of Leif Eriksson's and Christopher Columbus's explorations with Claire and Lily. Cleaned kitchen. Helped girls tidy living room and dining room. Finished reading The Snow Queen to Claire and Lily while Gus chewed the coffee table and a Snickers wrapper. How did that get there? Diaper change. Put Gus down for a nap. Dinner? Called sister. Set table for dinner. Fed girls snack. Who knew that a tray of crudites is great cuisine to use with a miniature tea set? Gave Gus bottle. Refereed sibling fight. Wrapped birthday gift for neighbor girl. Prepared dinner. Put dinner in oven on time bake. Shoes! Jackets! GET IN THE CAR!!! Swimming lessons. Drove home. Fed kids dinner. Changed Gus into pajamas. Tickled Gus. Said prayers. Good night. Searched downstairs for Isabel. Why do you have salt in your hair? Pajamas. Brushed teeth. Books. Prayers. Good night. Lily? Claire? Pajamas. Book. Told them to brush teeth and wash hands. Prayers. Good night.

Tired.

Quiet.

Too early to go to bed?

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Never too early to go to bed.

Susan said...

Ditto to Kristen. And besides, at 8:30 your body thought it was 9:30. I hope you went to bed!

Cate said...

It's never too early to go to bed after a busy day.

What size is Claire? It always drives me nuts how they only wear those Christmas dresses once, maybe twice and then they're just wasted. I think when Madeleine was Claire's age she wore a pretty pretty red skirt from Gap with a white sweater. The skirt is a deep red silky material with tulle underneath and a big bow on the side. You can borrow it if you want for Christmas since it doesn't fit Elisabeth yet. And if you hate it, you can tell me that too. I'll grab it out of the attic before Friday.

Ah, here's Madeleine wearing it when she was 7:
http://diary-of-a-wanna-be-supermom.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-eve-recap.html

Glenda said...

"Why are Christmas dresses sleeveles?"

I don't know but it DRIVES ME INSANE!

I'm trying to search for appropriate church (haven't even tried thinkin Christmas yet) dresses for my almost 13 and my 14 year old daughters....more insanity!

Meghan said...

Wait...I thought stay-at-home moms just sat around and did nothing all day, other than the occasional diaper change. After all, it's not a REAL job.

(Totally kidding, but I have actually been told that.)

Gail said...

Oh Erin, the joy of the everyday routine... Thanks for the reminder-- a great picture in my mind.

Unknown said...

I thought I commented on this post. I guess it didn't go through. I love this post. It makes me feel just a little less crazy. :) I might just have to do this and maybe it will help me figure out why I don't get everything done that I want to get done in a day. Thanks for sharing your day. :)