
I made these shortbread cookies to conclude our traditional St. Patrick's Day meal last night. They were really, really good. The recipe came from my go to baking cookbook, Fearless Baking*. Everything I make from her book is delicious.
Buttery Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Shortbread
1 c flour
3 T corn starch
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c plus 2 T packed brown sugar
3/4 c oats (not quick oats)
Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add flour, corn starch, salt and cinnamon, mix until combined. Add oatmeal, mix to distribute evenly. Press into 9 x 9 buttered pan. Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until the top is browned. Cut into pieces immediately after removing from oven.
*I actually have an autographed copy of the book. I received it as a 21st birthday gift from a woman who I suspect worked with the author (the woman was a food stylist--she prepared food to be photographed--how cool is that?). The inscription says "Baking is fun. Pass it on! Elinor Klivans". I have no intention of passing the cook book on. It's too good!
1 comment:
That looks really good. I am going to have to try it. I think I even have everything here.
Post a Comment